The Mission of our Math Department is to provide an environment where students can develop as mathematical thinkers, enabling them to become lifelong learners that function as productive citizens. Students will incorporate technology, critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills to be prepared for the 21st century.
Please contact your teacher through JupiterEd or email.
The Eight Standards for Mathematical Practice are:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning