Drawing Contest for 7th and 8th grade Students
Trustee Frances Nguyen and the Vietnamese Veteran of Americans are sponsoring a $1000 drawing contest for 7th and 8th grade students. The theme topic is “The Price of Freedom”. Student’s drawings will be collected by our Middle School Principals, then forwarded to Dr. Paik’s Office by Monday, April 3, 2017. The presentation of the Awards will take place on April 30, 2017. The contest winners will receive the following award amounts:
First Place: $400
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $200
People’s Choice: $100
We are looking forward to receiving entries from all of our Middle Schools. Please share these guidelines with staff and students:
- There are no real parameters on what kind of art and size, etc. Students are not confined to drawing, painting or sketching. Sculptures and other forms of art are allowed.
- Exclusions: Videos will not be accepted. Photography is only encouraged if there are old photos (for example, from the Vietnam War) combined with a student’s own art.
- Complete the Entry Form
- Top Portion of the Form to be completed by Principals: Principals will need to assign a letter and number for each entry received at their own site. The letter is the first letter of your school’s name. For example, if there are 5 pieces of artwork submitted at Stacey, principal will assign the following identifying numbers S1, S2, S3, S4, or S5 to each artwork in the box, as indicated in the form.
- Bottom Portion of the Form to be completed by each student participant: Students need to write at least one paragraph explaining the meaning of the artwork. A creative title should also be included.
- The ENTIRE Entry Form must be completed.